Top Tip Tuesday

Hi everyone!

It's time for another tutorial at Top Tip Tuesday and this week it's my turn. I've prepared a tutorial on inserts. Pop over and check it out. 
TTT
This week's challenge:

Bling it on Challenge

Our brilliant sponsors:

&
&


INSERTS TUTORIAL


You can make them as simple or as intricate as you'd like. The easiest way is to cut a piece of paper a little bit smaller then the card itself and then fold it in half. I've used 90gsm white paper with silky smooth finish or card stock matching the front of the card .

The basic idea is to cut the insert with shaped scissors...


or punch the insert and stamp inside it.


You can also punch the edge of the insert to add more interest.


This one has been cut with square label die and the edges have been inked with a green ink matching the front of the card. I've also punched a strip of cardstock and attached it at the bottom. I also used stitches stamp closer to the edges.


Here I've punched the top and bottom of the insert and layered white on top of red one. I've also stamped 'Merry Christmas' in the centre.


The inside of the card has been stamped with snowflake stamps. Next I've used two layers of card stock - both of them stamped with snowflakes and embellished with some gems.


Here I've used some backing paper where I've punched the edges. I layered it with white card inking edges again and stamping some swirls.


Here is an example of a gate fold card where the inside of the card is the main part of it.


Here I've cut circles using scalloped circles dies and I stamped a sentiment in the middle.


I've made a stencil by punching out some flowers. Then I used the stencil to embellish the insert with flowers. I also added some flat backed pearls to add more interest. The background has been cut using label die.


Here the insert is die cut vellum and die cut backing paper, I've inked the edges and stamped 'Love from...' sentiment. Using vellum under a layer of other backing paper means that I don't have worry about glue being visible.


Here I've used embossing folder, the same which I used at the front of the card, to emboss the insert. I inked the raised image, next I covered it with a piece of pink cardstock and added some gems.


Here, again, the insert of the card is the main part of it. I found some birthday verses online, printed them out and cut with label die.


Hope you liked my tutorial. :)


2 comments:

Alizabethy said...

Some great ideas, I must make more of an effort inside my cards! Please pop over to my blog for a little present.

Di said...

Wow Maggie! Loads of ideas here - thank you honey! Di x

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! Each and every one makes me smile! :) Maggie x

Pop in and have a look...