Thursday is a tutorial day! :)

Hi everyone! 

As promised I've got a tutorial for you! I guess now is the best time as this is a Christmasy project. I've used air drying Giotto clay as it's widely available and cheap, some pastry cutters, Christmasy stamps and acrylic paints.

Roll the clay flat and cut shapes. Stamp with different stamps. I've used snowflakes, stars, baubles etc. If you want to make hanging decorations remember to make tiny holes at the top of each shape when the clay is still wet and soft.



Close up of what is stamped into the clay.


The clay needs about 20 to 24 hours to dry. When left aside to dry remember to turn them upside down several times so that the clay dries on both sides. If you don't turn them they might disfigure a bit. 

I made the holder below using acrylic blocks which are covered with clear double sided tape. 


Painted Christmas trees. 
BTW I stamped the shapes on one side only.


And the decorations finished of. :)



I'd like to enter the following chalenges:
Marry Xmas @ 
Christmas @
Christmas @ 
Xmas @
Anything Goes Christmas @
Christmas @
Merry Christmas @

10 comments:

oneoff said...

I keep thinking that I must have a go with clay, and will definitely pick up some to play with in the New Year. Thank you - you've inspired me. Useful tip on the drying too - I think I can replicate that acrylic block dryer!

Now off to muse on things stamped and sparkly...

Mani said...

Hello.
What a nice idea. I love making my own decorations too. Never tried clay though. Yours look brilliant. I'm sure they will look even better on the tree. You must post a picture.
Thank you so much for joining us at Penny's and good luck.
Manuela

Kathy and Lucky said...

What a great tutorial and great idea! Thanks for joining us at Fresh Brewed Challenges.

Hazeyj said...

What a great idea to stamp the clay with images/patterns. The results are fantastic, thanks for the tutorial Maggie, hugs, Hazel x

Saskia said...

Wow, you're so creative!!

Lovely to see your work at Freshly Brewed Challenges! Thanks for joining us!

Saskia :)

Cor* said...

OH goodness, how creative and patient are you. i can't wait to finish a card, never mind the inside of it........to wait 24 hours.....I couldn't do it! Glad you can cuz these are priceless! Well worth the wait! Thanks for sharing your ANYTHING GOES CHRISTMAS creation with us at Creative Inspirations this fortnight! Best of luck to you and happy holidays!!

Deb said...

Wow! fabulous creations and so many different ones, thanks so much for joining us at Creative Inspirations and wishing you a wonderful Holiday Season
Debs
xxx

Cheryl said...

WOW they are fabulous,you are so clever!!! Thanks for joining us at Bizzy Becs!!
xx

Sharon said...

Beautiful.
Thanks for joining us at Penny's Paper Crafty this challenge, hope to see you again next time round.
Sharon x

Courtney said...

These are so neat Maggie! Thanks for sharing with us at Penny's. Good Luck and Merry Christmas!

Courtney~

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! Each and every one makes me smile! :) Maggie x

Pop in and have a look...